The Church in Łowce - Ziemia Jarosławska - Svidník - Serwis turystyczny

Roman Catholic Church of Saints John the Baptist and Martin in Łowce (Municipality of Chłopice)

Roman Catholic Church of Saints John the Baptist and Martin in Łowce (Municipality of Chłopice)

wozek

wozek

wozek

wozek

The first church in Łowce was built around 1430, and the second one around 1540. After 1620, the Jesuits, who had received land in Łowce, built a wooden church, dedicated to St. Martin and St. John the Baptist in 1744. In 1901, the present masonry church was consecrated with the same saints as its patrons. It was built thanks to the efforts of the parish priest, Fr. Rudolf Beneszek. The church was consecrated in 1909. A general renovation of the interiors along with the addition of a new wall painting took place in 1998, thanks to the great generosity of the parishioners as a votive offering for the Jubilee Year of 2000. The author of the painting was the artist Jerzy Zatorski from Ropczyce. Inside the church, you can see the original stalls and pews from 1904.

 

lowce kosciol 22m

lowce kosciol 22m

lowce kosciol 22m

lowce kosciol 22m

lowce kosciol 22m