Architectural research indicates that the Orthodox church was most likely built in the 17th century, while in 1733 it was thoroughly renovated and reconsecrated.
The present appearance of the church is the result of the second major renovation in the 19th century. The nave was extended westward, and a dome on a tall tholobate was placed the middle part of the nave. The sacristy was also added at that time. The nave walls are decorated with figural and ornamental wall paintings from the 19th-20th centuries. The richly decorated interior includes an iconostasis (from the early 17th to the early 20th century), two side altars (18th century), an altar (early 20th century), a Pieta icon (18th century) and a procession cross (18th century).
Fr. Mychajło Werbyćkyj, composer of sacred music and the author of the melody of the Ukrainian national anthem was the head of the parish in Młyny in the years 1856-70. He was buried in the cemetery located near the church.
Today, the church serves as a branch of the parish church of Our Lady of Consolation in Korczowa. Conservation work carried out between 2002 and 2006 allowed, among other things, to rebuild the arcatures, renovate the roof structure, and to build stone steps. The work also included a comprehensive renovation of the bell tower and fence, and a conservation of the iconostasis.
The church is accompanied by an 18th century wooden belfry.