The history of this church dates back to the 14th century, when the owner of the village, Mikołaj Mzurowski, founded a Roman Catholic parish and built the first wooden church of St. Nicholas. The foundation act of the event has survived to this day. 1446 was a very important year for the church and the parish. That was when the Canons Regular of the Holy Sepulchre began their custody of it. They took care of the parish until the 17th century. One should mention that the Canons also looked after the church in nearby Tuligłowy, where they built a monastery. The years 1623-24 were particularly tragic for Rudołowice and the church itself: Tatar hordes first plundered and then burned the building to the ground. In 1646, the parish priest Marcin from Brzesko built a new church out of his own pocket – it is now the presbytery of the present church. It is worth stressing that the historic doors surviving until today come from that period. After restoration, they have been mounted on one of the walls inside the church. The church was consecrated in 1710. The last of the Canons to serve as head of the parish was Fr. Adam Sopoćko.
The years 1903-1905 saw an expansion of the church, the erection of a bell tower, a remodelling of the utility buildings and the establishment of a cemetery. The bell tower is furnished with bells from 1945, bearing the names of Maria and Stanisław.