The first wooden church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra, was built in Tuligłowy in 1393 by the then owner of the locality, Mikołaj Mzurowski. In 1446, his sons Jan and Mikołaj decided to have the church run by the Canons Regular of the Holy Sepulchre. From the very beginning of its existence, the church had been associated with the cult of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, as her image was placed in the main altar of the church.
The cult of Our Lady of Tuligłowy began growing rapidly,
especially when the locals experienced special protection extended over them during the bloody raid by the Tatars in 1624. The invaders plundered and burned, among other places, the church in Rudołowice, while Tuligłowy was miraculously saved. As an expression of gratitude for the granted grace, numerous votive offerings were made, adorning both the main altar and the walls of the church.
In 1629, a new wooden church was constructed. In 1760, it was decided to replace that one with a bigger one, made of brick. In the spring of 1768, the cornerstone for a new church was blessed. Completed in 1770, the new place of worship was consecrated in 1829 by the Przemyśl bishop Jan Potocki. Like its predecessors, the new church was dedicated to St. Nicholas. Together with the adjoining monastery, the church in Tuligłowy was built in Baroque style. The miraculous painting of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception was placed in the main altar. Painted on a linden plank at the end of the 15th century, the painting has characteristic features of the Byzantine style. Its coronation took place in 1909, effected by bishop Józef Sebastian Pelczar.
From the beginning of the 19th century until 1971, the parish and the sanctuary were being looked after by priests from the Przemyśl diocese, and since 25 July 1971 – by the Michaelite Fathers. The Congregation of Saint Michael the Archangel has served the locals until this day.
The monastic complex comprises: the church of St. Nicholas together with the monastery adjacent to it; a masonry belfry and a masonry chapel topped with the cross of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre. A parish house was built in the vicinity of the monastic complex in 1930. Below the house, there is a modern-day way of the cross.